Listings largely reflect information collected and maintained by the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE). Other information is provided directly by the jurisdication offering the incentive.
- Maryland Appliance Rebate Program
- Be SMART Home ENERGY STAR - Promotes Energy Star appliance upgrades and energy efficient heating and cooling systems, ventilating fans, programmable thermostats, ceiling fans, windows and doors. Maximum amount $15,000, eligible for Maryland homeowners with a credit score of 640 or higher. Program expires in 2013.
- Be SMART Home Complete – Promotes improvements recommended by a Certified Energy Audit, including air infiltration reduction, insulation in the attic, floors, and walls, hot water system improvements, furnace maintenance or replacement, lighting retrofit, and appliance replacement. Maximum amount $15,000, eligible for Maryland homeowners with a credit score of 640 or higher. Program expires in 2013.
- Maryland Home Energy Loan Program (MHELP) – Provides residential unsecured loans: a 9.99% loan with a required energy audit, or a 9.99% loan for any Energy Star improvement/replacement. Maximum amount $30,000, eligible for Maryland residential property/primary residence. Program has no set expiration date.
- Be SMART/Habitat for Humanity Maryland, Higher Efficiency Loan Program fund - Energy efficiency upgrades offered in a partnership with Habitat for Humanity Maryland. Eligible through Habitat for Humanity Maryland for energy efficiency lending to low-income households. Program expires in 2013.
- Be SMART Multifamily – Provides direct loans for the purchase and installation of equipment and materials for energy efficiency measures at existing affordable multifamily rental properties. “Affordable” means rental housing with existing income or rent restrictions, or housing with units that serve tenants with low to moderate incomes. Eligible for energy audits and energy efficiency improvements of affordable multifamily rental housing developments in Maryland. Can be used for loan loss reserves to induce private sector lenders to make loans for the same purpose. Program expires in 2013.
- Weatherization Assistance Program – Promotes energy efficiency and weatherization measures. Average unit cost $4,500, eligible for households earning 60 percent of statewide median income. Program expires in 2013.
- HUD Energy Innovation Grant Program - Provides opportunities for energy efficiency upgrades to affordable multifamily rental properties in Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development's portfolio. Eligible for multifamily properties in DHCD portfolio. No set program expiration date.
- Multifamily Energy Efficiency and Housing Affordability (MEEHA) program - Promotes energy efficiency and affordability in the State’s multifamily rental housing developments for low- and moderate-income households. Eligible for multifamily projects. No set program expiration date.
- Green Grant Rental Housing Preservation/MD-BRAC – Promotes energy efficiency in affordable rental housing developments, reimburses costs associated with Energy Audits or for U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation and training. Reimbursement of up to a maximum of $10,000 per building for Energy Audits, up to a maximum of $2,500 per person for LEED training. Eligible for multifamily properties in certain communities affected by the federal Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) process. No set program expiration.
- Residential Clean Energy Grant Program (CEGP) - Provides grants for renewable energy projects such as photovoltaic (PV) systems, solar water heating, geothermal, small wind. No set program expiration date.
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) - Provided by each Maryland utility: Allegheny Power, BGE, Delmarva Power, PEPCO, SMECO. 50 percent rebates for qualifying improvements up to $2,000. Eligible for any residential utility customer, no set expiration date.
Local Rebate Program
Personal Tax Credit
Property Tax Exemption
Sales Tax Exemption
State Rebate Program
Utility Rebate Program