Unless provided by the local jurisdication, all listings reflect information collected and maintained by the Maryland Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) .
Commercial and non-profit
- Be SMART Business - Provides commercial building energy efficiency improvements through replacement and upgrading of appliances, heating, cooling and ventilation systems and whole building envelope improvements. Up to $50,000 loan amount. Eligible for businesses and commercial building owners located in designated revitalization areas within Sustainable Communities, Main Street Maryland Communities, Baltimore City Main Street communities and Arts & Entertainment Districts. Program expires in 2013.
- Be SMART Business Plus – Promotes larger energy efficiency optimization projects with a focus on energy cost saving measures for buildings exceeding 6,000 sq. ft. or extensive energy efficient retrofits. Exact loan amount determined by cost saving measures. Eligible for businesses and commercial building owners located in designated revitalization areas within Sustainable Communities, Main Street Maryland Communities, Baltimore City Main Street communities and Arts & Entertainment Districts. Program expires in 2013.
- Commercial Clean Energy Grant Program (CEGP) - Provides grants for renewable energy projects such as photo voltaic (PV) systems, solar water heating, geothermal, small wind. $500-$75,000 loan amounts based on type of project. No set program expiration.
- Clean Communities Grant Program - Provides grants to local governments and/or non-profits. Grant funds allow these entities to enable energy efficiency in low-to-moderate income households. Maximum grant award established on county-by-county basis, based on county’s low- to moderate-income population. No set program expiration.
- Utility Commercial & Industrial Programs - Provided by each utility: Allegheny Power, BGE, Delmarva Power, PEPCO, SMECO. Up to 80 percent rebate on improvement costs for utility customers. No set program expiration.
- Be SMART Codes Training – Provides training on energy codes. Eligible for training on IECC 2012 energy code and the IgCC. Program expires in 2013.
Corporate Tax Credit
Property Tax Exemption
Sales Tax Exemption
State Grant Program
- MARBIDCO Rural Business Energy Efficiency Program – Promotes the purchase of equipment or technology related to lowering business-related energy consumption through the Maryland Agricultural and Resource-Based Industry Development Corporation (MARBIDCO). Eligible for farm or rural business, up to $30,000 - grants may cover up to 10 percent cost of purchasing and installing business-related energy efficiency equipment. No set program expiration.
State Loan Program
- Jane E. Lawton Conservation Loan Program - Provides eligible non-profit organizations (including hospitals and private schools), local governments (including public school systems and community colleges), and businesses in Maryland a unique opportunity to reduce operating expenses by identifying and installing energy conservation improvements and efficiency measures. Up to $500,000 loan amount. No set program expiration.
- State Agency Loan Program - Provides loans to Maryland state agencies for cost-effective energy efficiency improvements in state facilities. Maximum award of $2,000,000. Must be used to increase energy efficiency at state buildings or facilities. No set program expiration.
State Rebate Program