Support Clean Energy by Improving Your Business
One of the most important things you can do to ensure the advancement of clean energy in Maryland is to improve your own bottom line by improving your business. Saving money and resources through energy efficiency is the best place to start.
There are many technologies that improve energy efficiency. Here are just a few:
- Insulation – Super insulating your commercial building is by far the most cost-effective way to reduce energy use.
- Lighting and Appliances – Compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs and light-emitting diode (LED) light bulbs use significantly less electricity than traditional light bulbs.
- White Roofing – Simply painting the roof on your commercial building white, or another light reflective roofing material, can save money on cooling your building in the summer.
Consider a cost-benefit analysis of solar technologies for producing hot water or electricity.
- If you or your company own significant rooftop square footage, a solar contractor can do assessment to see if a solar PV or solar hot water system is right for your business.
- Between tax incentives and SRECs (Solar Renewable Energy Credits) the payback time for purchasing solar system can be significantly reduced.
- Since 2010, the cost of solar PV panels has dropped by 49% nationally. It’s never been so affordable.
There are many Federal, State, and local financing incentives available to businesses for improving their facilities. Check our Financing and Incentives pages or more on loans, grants and tax credits.